As I write this it has been a year since I woke up at 2am in the morning, googling for the 100th time “how do you know your waters have broke” and 15 minutes later been woken soaked in my own bed. Was that too graphic?
28 hours later and I gave birth to my delicious, clever and wonderful baby girl that’s you! You make your daddy and I smile, laugh and rejoice with glee everyday when we spend time with you. You are the centre of not just our world, but everyone you meet.
We have become a little family and I love it. My joy is been home with you and your daddy and just having family time, it fills my soul with love.
There are 10 things I want you to know and for me to remember in your first year:
- You have the wildest craziest longest lovely hair. You haven’t lost it since you were born and it’s so long! I tie it up in a little pony tail and daddy rolls his eyes
- You sleep through the night and have done since around 6 weeks old. We have been so grateful for this
- You hated been weaned and as a result mummy was frantic thinking you weren’t eating enough, however you soon showed us and now eat everything in sight.
- On that note, you love peas
- You have recently discovered the wiggles. Enough said
- You are a people watcher and nosy to boot.
- You don’t like been cuddled for very long and need to be free
- You love balloons
- Once someone sings you a nursery rhyme that’s it, they must do it on repeat until you are bored
- You love nursery and throw yourself out of arms to their staff. This makes me happy you have so much fun there
I can’t wait to see what the next year brings and I can’t even imagine you walking/talking!!